You can now view the forum “Taking Legislative Action: Our Environment, Our State House” by going to https://acmi.tv/videos/climate-change-legislative-forum-february-16-2020/.
This forum, which was sponsored by the Arlington Democratic Town Committee, was held on January 14 at the Robbins Library in Arlington, Massachusetts.
Representative Dave Rogers of the 24th Middlesex District, Representative Sean Garballey of the 23rd Middlesex District , and Ms. Cabell Eames, Legislative Manager and Political Director for 350 Mass, discussed bills addressing climate change that are currently before the Massachusetts legislature:
- H.2836/S.1958: An Act Re-Powering Massachusetts with 100% Renewable Energy, sponsored by Rep. Garballey, Rep Marjorie Decker, and Sen. Jamie Eldridge
- H.2810: An Act to Promote Green Infrastructure and Reduce Carbon Emissions, sponsored by Representative Jennifer Benson
- H. 3008/S.2106: An Act to Advance Modern and Sustainable Solutions for Transportation, sponsored by Representative Lori Ehrlich and Senator Eric Lesser
- H. 826/S.453 An Act Relative to Environmental Justice in the Commonwealth, sponsored by Representative Adrian Maduro and Senator Sal DiDomenico
- H.761/S.464: An Act Relative to Environmental Justice and Toxics Reduction in the Commonwealth
All of these bills are supported by Mass Power Forward, a consortium of grassroots organizations from across the state addressing climate change issues.